Features and Benefits of PVC
When compared to similar plastics, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is considered to be superior as it has different attributes to its molecular structure that lend themselves to higher performance and functionality. One such attribute is chemical stability – a common feature among substances containing halogens such as chlorine and fluorine. PVC resins also include fire retardant properties, durability and oil resistance.
In the roofing and construction industry, PVC membranes are a superior product in terms of safety, longevity and resistance to substances and conditions that otherwise prematurely weaken or destroy other types of roofing materials.
PVC properties also include inherent fire retardant capability, high resistance to atmospheric oxidation, high resistance to organic solvents, mechanical stability, ease of processing and molding during manufacturing, and a highly flexible structure that allows PVC to integrate with plasticisers, modifiers and coloring agents.
In 1978, IB Roof Systems took note of the potential of PVC and took action to become one of the first providers of PVC membranes in North America. Having become a trusted, leading provider of this product, IB Roof Systems strives to provide customers with top quality products that outperform and outlast the competition, all with safety, performance and environmental impact in mind.
The long-term roofing benefits of IB membranes include:
- A highly flexible and dimensional product that maintains its stability for years.
- Ability to stand up to weather of all varieties.
- Energy savings thanks to the resistant and reflective nature of the membrane
- The 50/50 split of high-quality surfacing on the top and bottom of the scrim results in a stronger, easier, faster seam weld and time saved in installation, not to mention a leak-free roof.
- Resists ponding water
- Virtually 100% of materials from reclaimed IB roofs are recycled and incorporated into new products.
- IB Roof Systems offers some of the best warranties in the industry, including a 25 year Total Systems Warranty for commercial projects, and a lifetime warranty on products for residential applications.
Based in Bedford, we service Nova Scotia including Halifax, Dartmouth, Sydney, Truro, Lunenburg, Bridgewater, Yarmouth, Wolfville, New Glasgow, Amherst and more. We also service New Brunswick and PEI. Our courteous staff is happy to find the roofing solution that fits your needs. Call us at 902-252-5801 or drop us a message on our contact page.
The ideal Halifax Metal Roofing and Flat Roofing Contractors for residential and commercial properties.
Areas of Service
The Forever Roof services Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI with specialized metal and flat roofing products for residential and commercial projects. Some of the areas we service include:
HRM - Halifax, Dartmouth
Truro, New Glasgow